old page - Getting started
Here you'll find links to resources that will help you get started with Action Network.
Please note: This page is overly complicated please use the individual pages above whle we re-edit this.
First things first...
For Information on how to become an admin of an XR Group, please go to Becoming an XR Admin. For information on how create a new group, including considerations for whether it is GDPR-compliant to move your list into Action Network from another system, please go to Creating, merging, rebooting a group. The chapter covers what you need to know before migrating your email lists, about GDPR and becoming an Action Network admi[n]
Navigating Action Network:
If you are totally new to the Action Network platform, you may find these two videos at Action Network useful:
An introduction to Action Network tools
This is a brief introduction to the tools - they are all well documented elsewhere - in the toolkit under Action network for XR and at Action Network’s support pages - so this is just a skim through with handy links to the resources.
You can use Action Network to ...
- create and send emails to a list
- See How to write an email on Action Network - there is a link to an excellent step-by-step guide document.
- Video tutorial on creating and sending emails (links to Action Network Support)
Did you know…
Sending emails via Action Network is an important tool used to support the movement. And it costs $1 per 1,000 emails sent. So if you're sending an email to 100 people in your local group, it’s not a big deal, but if you're sending weekly emails to the whole of the UK, please stop and think :-)
- target your email to a specific subset of your group's list
- create ladders
Ladders allow you to deliver an automated series of emails to individuals, which can take a different course, depending on what action they took.
- An excellent how-to guide here: How to set up a ladder for a Welcome Email series
- create forms
There are some XR guidelines that should be considered before you create and send/publish forms.
In the XR Action Network system, you need permission to be able to create new questions to use in forms. There are ready-made questions that are available for you to use, and using these 'pre-built' questions helps the XR Data Team to keep data on rebels organised. If you still need to create a new question please fill out this form and contact the Action Network Data Team for next steps.
- create reports
You can create reports that can be used to target a certain subset of rebels in your group's list.
- In the section: Create reports on Action Network, you will find a link to the guidance document which takes you through the process.
- There is also a Video: Creating reports (links to Action Network Support).
Getting in touch with the Action Network Data Team
Contact the Action Network Data Team