1. Why Does XR Need Money?
Extinction Rebellion UK spends around £1m a year on its basic activities, which include:
• Supporting a range of volunteers with essential costs, including people who support our movement through their involvement in UK wide teams, with: resources, training, strategies, regional and national coordination, fundraising, etc.
• Carefully planning a huge array of national and UK-wide, attention-grabbing strategies, actions and campaigns
• Creating and safely storing of our wonderfully iconic artful resources
• Sharing money with nations and regions, to spend as they need. Some of this will help support local groups with leaflets, posters and other support resources
• Providing, updating and supporting our communications platforms, meeting tools and website
• Running trainings and talks to spread the news about the climate and ecological emergency, our three demands and amplification of complementary messages of our allies and partners
• Providing financial and budgeting processes
The more funds we have the more effective we can be in the face of the climate and biodiversity crises. Money helps us work towards achieving our three demands and building this movement of movements
Please bear in mind that Extinction Rebellion can only ask for donations which will be used to fund legal activities.