CorpRats are a pantomime mirror designed to reflect the ugliness and cruelty of putting profit over planet back onto the those who chase money at the expense of a sustainable planet, over the health of people, over the health of ecosystems.
The CorpRats are personification of the system and how it self-sustains, there is no global conspiracy of bankers, instead we have a culture that praises/reinforces greed, cunning, short termism and hoarders at the expense of a sustainable future.
When Being a CorpRat
- The CorpRats own the Media
- The CorpRats own the Government
- The CorpRats own your dreams
- The CorpRats bribe, corrupt, pollute and kill
Yet the CorpRats are what society aspires to be, Scrooge has taught us nothing!
So revel in your worst selves, no truth will hold you to account. You will always win, you cannot be cancelled, money conquers all!
The original narrative of the CorpRats is: sell gas, sell coal, sell oil, for the climate crises effects the poor. And when the poor come for us, we sell Walls, we sell Guns, and Bombs.
For Dirty Water
The CorpRats are destroying our waterways because of their corporate greed, they don’t care about the loss of biodiversity or the hazards to human health and mental wellbeing of the destruction of our natural environment.
- Corprat - to be loud, scene stealing, walking egos
- Unpaid Interns - to carry props, to take photos and to be bullied by the CorpRats
A picture tells a millions words
Whilst it is the role of the CorpRats to entertain the protestors and have bankers/etc question who they are. It is the photo that will live on.
Stay in Character,even when walking around and not engaging with people if you have a speech bubble up and angled right, then someone is going to get a great photo.
Always be on the look out for the iconic shot
- Decide on the narrative prior to the action
- What to have in the background
- If you want the speech bubbles a certain way/order
- What props you want in shot (aka massive pile of sh*t)
Once you have a shot you think will work, if you need to attract photographers let off a smoke flares.