Zoom FAQs / Troubleshooting
Helpful advice on using zoom is here on the Tech and Data shelf of the Rebel Toolkit
Do I need a Zoom account to access Sessions?
You do not have to sign up to a Zoom account to join Sessions. You can access Zoom by clicking on the Zoom link provided.
Note: If you would like to create a Zoom account and join via an account, advice would be to set this up and download Zoom at least 15 minutes before the Session so it gives you time to set it up correctly.
I cannot find the email for the Zoom Session for which I registered.
Sometimes emails are directed to spam.
- Search for ‘XR’, ‘ddat+hub’ or foundationprogramme' in your Spam folder
- Ensure the email address you have provided when you registered for the Foundation Programme is correct.
If you're completely new to using zoom with XR
XR uses zoom a lot for our meetings and we have a few ways of working that might be different to what you are used to.
If Foundation Programme sessions will be your first time using Zoom with XR, we recommend you read this short introductory page.
If I can't make a Session do I need to let you know?
- If you have registered for a Session and cannot make it, your confirmation email of the Session registration has the option to cancel the booking.
- If you cancel this will help us understand the numbers of people attending.
- However, please do not email us directly to let us know if you have missed or cannot make a Session, as our mailbox is not constantly monitored.
Can I cancel my place in a Session if I have pre booked?
As mentioned in the previous question - if you have registered for a Session in advance, you will be able to cancel the booking in advance via the confirmation email.
If I miss Sessions will I get another chance to go?
- Some Sessions are recorded while others can be booked on later dates. For further information click here.
- We do suggest that you plan ahead and book sessions that suit your schedule.