Chat Etiquette for XR Group Chats
Here are a few Chat Etiquette Guidelines that are being used in XR Group Chats whether on Signal, Telegram or WhatsApp:
• Welcome newcomers!
• Please follow XR’s principles & values
• Avoid swearing
• Ideally keep discussion between 7am and 11pm
• Answer questions and make sure people feel heard
• Post off-topic messages in a more suitable channel
• If people leave the chat in response to a post, this is a sign of overheating - slow down, pause and reflect
• Take two-way conversations out of the chat. Don’t send unsolicited messages. Harassment will not be tolerated.
• Send a longer message over lots of separate ones; people then have the chance to opt in to read more.
• Avoid encouraging anyone to vote or not vote for a political party.
• Don't attribute info from this chat elsewhere, like quoting from it publicly and naming the originator.
• Avoid posting sensitive action info which can later be used as evidence