Joining the Hub and Finding your Course Schedule
💚 Hello Students! Welcome to the Foundation Programme 💚
You've arrived at this page on the Rebel Toolkit because you've received an invite email to join the Foundation Programme, and you want support with what to do next. This page will help you.
- Step 1 - How to Join the Hub
- Step 2 - How to Find Your Course Schedule
- Getting in Touch
- What on Earth is the Hub?
- Mattermost - the App
- If You Already Have a Mattermost Account
How to Join the Hub
- Go to your inbox and find the email from firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Invite to XR UK Foundation Programme (you may need to check your Spam/Junk folder).
- Click on your invite link. This will open a webpage containing a form that looks like this:
- Fill in the form with your name (this is visible to other users, so you can use a nickname if you like) and create a password and then click Confirm.
Or you can watch this video on how to do the above:
Foundation Programme Students Support
- Once you’ve read the instructions above or watched the video, you may want to crack on and create your Hub account or first read Step 2.
How to Find Your Course Schedule
Once you've created your Hub account, you can find your Course Schedule by clicking the green link 'Hub - My Forms' below, and then select the 'Foundation Programme - Course Schedule'
Link here → Hub - My Forms
To find your Course Schedule form again easily, you can save it by bookmarking. Click the green link to find out how to do this.
How to Bookmark
Getting in Touch
Once you're on the Hub and Mattermost (XR's dedicated chat platform), use the Students - Foundation Programme private chat channel in Mattermost to say "Hi" to your fellow students and the Foundation Programme Coordinators. You can also ask for support there.
If you are concerned about using new tools and platforms – please don’t panic! The Foundation Programme team are here to help. You can get personal help by:
- Registering for the next Introduction to the Foundation Programme on Zoom for a warm welcome and all your questions answered.
Register here for the Introduction to the Foundation Programme
- Emailing us at email@example.com
- Speaking to a human by calling our super-friendly technical support woman - Ned on 07949 069730
What on earth is the Hub?
The Hub is our own incredible tool which contains all the info about XRUK groups, as well being a one-stop-shop for our other platforms, e.g. Mattermost and UK Cloud, that we use to organise online. All of our platforms run on secure servers in Switzerland using green electricity! Further info here.
Mattermost - the App
If you want to use Mattermost via the app on your phone or tablet, download Mattermost Business (Mattermost Classic is the older version of the app - download this one if that's your only option) from the App Store (iPhones) or Google Play Store (Androids). Once downloaded:
- Open the app and go through the Welcome screens
- Where it asks for the Server URL, enter - organise.earth
- Where it asks for the Server Name, enter - anything you like! XR or Extinction Rebellion or your cat/dog's name - it doesn't matter what you put here.
- Sign in using the account details you chose when you created your Hub account.