Extinction Rebellion Resources
- Why run an assembly
- What to think about before launching your assembly
- What training and support is available
We’d love to know if you are planning a Community Assembly in your local area so that we can support you with any questions, expert advice and possibly facilitation. Please fill in this form Community Asssembly Form to let us know about your assembly!
Please join our Community Assembly Sharing Telegram group to ask questions, meet other Extinction Rebellion local groups organising assemblies and share your experiences.
Denise, XR Gardener for Wales and part of the Community Assembly Working Group, is offering weekly online drop-in session on Fridays, at 3 pm for people planning community assemblies who want to share ideas and ask questions. Please join on this Zoom link .
- How to plan and organise your assembly
- How to decide on an assembly question
- How to facilitate and moderatean assembly
- How to follow up an assembly
- A summary of facilitating a community assembly
- How to set up and run a Community Assembly. YouTube Octber 2023 recording of the training
- Facilitation Training for Community Assemblies. YouTube November 2023 recording of the training
- Introductory Open Call on Community Assemblies YouTube June 2023 recording of Open Call
- Introduction to the Community Assembly Escalation Plan. YouTube October 2023 recording of the open call
Communications. There's lots to do in advance and afterwards (especially to support any funding bid). We've got your back... If you need support on organising press releases, getting your assembly on XR's Events Map, or getting broadcasts out, if you can get your support request in as early as possible, you have the best chance of getting support. Go here to request Comms Support
Local / Combined Authorities Map if consideraing involving politicians and officers in your community assembly or escalation plans Local & Regional Authorities Map
If you have any questions on any of the above, please contact your regional/national Gardener, who supports local groups, or email email@example.com