Welcome to the Rebel Toolkit
The Resources to Support XR Actions
A place to share the valuable work of XR Rebels worldwide!
Please help yourself to any of the resources, they are all freely available
To find out how to add new resources, go to the Shelf called Using This Toolkit
NB A few items here are curated by the UK Communities Circle they have this icon
How it's organised
Quick start - go to the top of any page and select - Shelves and sort by "Name"
The resulting order of shelves is designed to broadly reflect the Rebel Journey in XR looking like this:
1. Supporting XR 2. Group Building 3. Community Building
4. Street Legal 5. Talks & Trainings 6. Art
7. Publicity 8. Politics and Beyond 9. Wellbeing
10. Help in Using This Toolkit
The shelves in more detail:
- The things you need to know about XR if you are going to be a supporter, or hold any role within XR
- Also on this shelf is the thinking behind XR and ways in which you can begin to supporting XR actively
- A glossary of terms and abbreviations used in Extinction Rebellion
- The Politics, Economics, Science and Philosophy that inspires Extinction Rebellion
- Building a Group is the starting point, this area will give you the resources to organise and maintain your group
- Guides for individual rebels on how they can get involved and prepare for Rebellion
- Having established your group, growing and developing it into a resilient, robust and innovative team will help in being able to mount effective actions
- See how other groups have been building and connecting with their local, and other communities!
- When you start taking action, you and your group will need to know how to stay physically and legally safe
- Knowing what to expect if your actions are deemed illegal
- Talks and training can inspire and prepare you
- How to request and design courses in your local area and examples of the kinds of training given across the movement
- And it’s really good to know the things that have worked before for others, before shaping your own action
- Here you'll find the images you need to draw attention to your action
- That can be on the streets, on-line, on documents, on clothing, bags and fabric
- Posters :: Banners
- Booklets :: Flyers
- Leaflets :: Badges
- Stencils :: Printing resources and more...
- If you're taking any kind of action, the more people that know about it when it's happening, the better!
- Using the appropriate media outlets, or speaking directly to your supporters, make the best use of the resources available
- What groups are doing to promote their events and message their actions!
- At the Local and Regional level, getting politicians & councilors involved will be effective
- How are groups engaging politically from lobbying MPs to bringing participarory democracy to the people!
- You need to prepare yourself before an action, to know you have the personal resilience to carry it through
- After an action you will need to do what works for you to recover your equilibrium
- This can be in calming retreats, or quiet conversations, or in formal debriefing sessions
- Learn how rebels caring for each other, their groups and building a positive future!
- About this web site and other sources of information
- How to use this toolkit, how to add, edit, and update resources
- How to contact us
The following items are available and will be added to the shelves above soon
If you have any feedback or suggestions, need a new shelf or book created, or want to join our team, there are 3 ways to contact us
If you have an Extinction Rebellion HUB login you can contact us through Mattermost OR the Forums
- On Mattermost, the Communities Reception channel in the UK Team
- On UK Forums, the Communities Circle Reception forum
- If you don't have a HUB login, contact us by eMail at:
We are always looking for people who are passionate about sharing with and learning from each other to join us - if that's you, get in touch!