This is the database used during and after an action to record information about arrestees, legal observers, and calls associated with the action. Information can be entered manually or, in the case of an arrest or release, via an online form.
The use of the forms and database can be practised using the ArrestWatch playground. The username and password for BOVs and PSSCs respectively are: bov, bovbov; and pssc, psscpssc. Please don’t change these! The arrest report form is at https://playground.arrestwatch.info, and the release form at https://playground.arrestwatch.info/pss.
- Legal Observers may call BO to report that they’ve come on shift or are going off shift. Entries are made by BOVs
- All entries in the Call Log are made manually. These include custody calls, and family and friends enquiries.
- Information entered via the online forms can be edited manually. Note that the search facility in the Report list allows filtering by police station, but is dependent on the use of exact spelling.
- Reports of arrests (even if called in) are entered via the form at https://arrestwatch.info/ This link is widely available
- Reports of releases are also submitted via an online form: https://arrestwatch.info/pss
There are three levels of access to the information currently held in ArrestWatch, all access is via login at https://backoffice.arrestwatch.info/login Volunteers will be allocated a login, with the appropriate level of access, after completing the training required by A&LS policy.
- PSSCs: Level 1 (Arrest reports, the call log and the LO log)
- BOVs and some BOCs: Level 2 (Level 1 + Release reports)
- The ArrestWatch Admins and some BOCs: Level 3 (Level 2 + record of ArrestWatch users)
- Tech team: Level 4 (Level 3 + access to archived data)