Training mainly comprises videos and documentation, supplemented by live sessions via Zoom.
Written and other online resources
- This guide for Back Office Volunteers [BOVs] and Police Station Support Coordinators [PSSCs]
- Custody Call guidelines (for BOVs)
- Custody call summary/script (for BOVs)
- 3CX guidelines
- ArrestWatch playground (Further information in the Arrest Watch section:)
- BO overview
- Back Office Volunteer (covers use of ArrestWatch, custody calls, typical calls) This video was made in 2020, see these notes for changes.
- Custody calls
- PSSC (Police Station Support Coordinator)
- Police Station Supporter (PSS): two versions Short version and long version
- Witnessing an arrest: two versions. Although made time ago, these videos remain largely up to date; the upgraded BO phone system [3CX] can deal with multiple calls and we prefer custody calls to be made to BO.
(a) short version
(b) long version Password: ProsecutePolluters
Live training sessions, via Zoom, are provided in advance of mass actions. These will be publicised widely within XR’s communication channels.
Live sessions may include:
- Supplementary sessions to the documents and videos, including a focus on the two main roles and with an opportunity to ask questions.
- Custody Call training: optional session, to ensure competence in handling a call.
- 3CX training