Take Part in Actions!
4. We openly challenge ourselves and this toxic system: leaving our comfort zones to take action for change.
Some of us will undertake open (“above ground”) actions that risk arrest and charges (though we do not need everyone to take these risks).
9. We are a nonviolent network: using nonviolent strategy and tactics as the most effective way to bring about change.
Join an Action!
Details of XR actions can be found on:
Or you can get involved with one of our ongoing campaigns.
- For those with an idea for a new Action, there is plenty of help and support in the Action Planning book.
- Design Ideas for Actions can be used as building blocks for your action.
- Also you might get inspired previous actions around the movement and delve into the resources in Themes for Actions. This book is organised by themes such as biodiversity or flooding.
Guidance and Support
- Nonviolent Direct Action (NVDA): Essential for anyone who wants to take part in direct action, whether or not you are prepared to be arrested. Covers parts of an action, support roles, de-escalation, being arrested.
- Know your rights: Aims to encourage safe protest. Covers your legal rights, interacting with the police, prejudice in the criminal justice system, how to limit risk to yourselves and others.
- Rebel Code - everyone is asked to follow this guide to behaviour at Actions.
- XR's Legal Advice & Support as it applies to Actions