Zoom Registration Links
If you’re planning to hold and advertise a meeting on Zoom please ensure that the meeting is set up securely to avoid unexpected guests.
See guidelines below on how to set up a recurring registration Zoom link or watch the support video for advice on how to:
- Create one Zoom registration link for multiple events,
- Edit the events (time/date),
- add more events to the same link,
- add a description for your event and brand it with an image and logo.
- Create a short link for your Zoom registration link to add to your publicity.
- Publicise your events across XRUK and XRGlobal.
To create a Zoom link which requires registration:
- Sign in to your Zoom account using a web browser: https://zoom.us
- In the navigation menu, click Meetings.
- Click Schedule a Meeting or edit an existing meeting.
- In the Registration section, select the Required checkbox.
- Click Save.
After scheduling the meeting, the Registration, Email Settings, and Branding tabs will appear.
To create a recurring Zoom link so you can use one Zoom link for multiple events:
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client or via a browser: https://zoom.us
- On the Home tab, click Schedule. This will open a new window.
- Below the Time Zone option, select the check box next to Recurring Meeting.
- Edit the following recurrence options:
- Recurrence: Choose to have this repeat Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
- Note: Scheduling a No Fixed Time recurring meeting must be done through a web browser.
- Repeat every: Choose how often the meeting should repeat, such as every 2 days, every 3 weeks, every 6 months. The Weekly recurrence option will also provide the ability to select which days of the week to repeat on.
- End date: Choose when to end the recurring meeting series. Choose By to select the date for the recurring series to end, or After X occurrences to choose how many recurrences in the series to create.
- Edit other meeting options as needed.
- Click Save
Extra info: click here
Note about Open Calls
The term ‘Open Call’ is reserved for XRUK open calls, covering movement-wide strategy and actions. XR UK Open Calls are hosted by the M&M and any other relevant teams and facilitated in line with the UK strategy. There’s a limit on how many can be scheduled.
M&M encourages using other terms for open Zoom sessions rather then ‘Open Call’ as it can get confusing with the calls advertised on the Rebellion Broadcast.
Consider alternatives such as ‘XX Zoom call, XX Drop-In, XX Clinic’ etc. If still using ‘Open Call’ please specify which region is holding the call.
M&M can offer technical and organisational guidance on how to hold an effective open call, with updates also being made to the Rebel Toolkit for info. Contact Mov.Comms@extinctionrebellion.uk