Adding Calendar Events - Calendar Editor
Adding Calendar Events - Directly in TeamUp
If you only rarely add events to the calendar, it is probably easiest to just complete the calendar form.
If you regularly add events for your group/team/community then you will be assigned a private edit link for the calendar, which allows you to create and edit events. Simply open TeamUp using your personal edit link, click on a date when you want to add an event and a popup will open prompting you to add information This next section explains tips for each of the fields to help get your event found easily.
List of current Calendar Admins for you to find one local to you (requires a hub login).
This is what a user will see first, so keep it short, descriptive and ideally include an overall location. We also suggest using some of these emoticons as the first characters, so that users can visually see what type of action it is (this has been added to the Key in the Calendar itself as well):
- 🔥 Protest
- 📣 March
- 🥁 Drumming
- 💥 Campaign
- 🎭 Performance/Theatre eg Reds
- 🐝 Community Assembly
- ⚖️ Court case
- 🎪 Circus/Festival
- ⛺ Camping
- 🚲 Cycling/Critical Mass
- 🪑 Local meeting
- 📽️ Film
Some teams have also decided on a specific emoticon to flag their events and allow for easier filtering eg ☄️for XR London.
Dates & Times
Events can be scheduled as all day, or include start and end times.
Repeating events can also be created, for example a meeting that is held on the third Tuesday of every month.
- Actions - UK-wide / UK Significance: This needs to be agreed with Action Circle and have UK-wide locations and/or media impact. Eg. Dirty Water, The Big One.
- Actions - National/Regional/Local: The majority of Actions will fall into this category. Coordinated by Local Groups, Communities or temporary Action teams. E.g. March on the Mine, Wales
- Actions - Non-XRUK: These take the form of collaborative, allied organisation and/or Sister Movement actions. E.g. Fossil Free London, Housing Rebellion.
- Key Dates - XR: E.g. Rebellion dates, Open Calls
- Key Dates - External Eg. World Cup Final, Local/National Election
- Talks, Training and workshops: events usually hosted online although some are face to face
- Meetings - Local: Mostly social and organising events mainly aimed at XR members in a town or community
Where (full address please)
If a specific location is known (and you are happy to share it publicly) then put this in here.
So that integration with the website map will work, a full address with postcode is required. Don't add anything else like "around the back of" or a W3W location (these details should go in the description).
If you only want to specify a vague location, use a Town name.
For online local meetings, add the Town name here so that the meeting will show up on the map and nearby rebels will find it, and specify that the meeting is online in the 'Description' box.
Further address location information can always be included in the 'Description' field, see below.
Put a general team name in here XR London, XR SE for example. You can put several names in here if collaborating Don't put an individual's name.
This can be a URL, an Action Network event form, an email, a link to a Facebook event - basically some way for rebels to contact you if they are interested. This button will display in the event on the map.
Use this field to explain the event, add hyperlinks, embed images, etc.
- Include any specific details about the meeting point - remember a first time rebel may be nervous about meeting and may not know others attending. For example "By front of Ghandi statue in Parliament Square" is better than "Parliament Square"
- Don’t add links to secure chats or anything that you wouldn’t want the police to know.
- Do try and include a call to action.
- For local group meetings we suggest the Action Network signup link is included, along with any Telegram, Facebook WhatsApp or other social media tools your local group is active on. The key thing is to aim to engage a new rebel and get them connected to channels where they will see activity and get responses to any questions. This is in addition to adding a single link in the Register/Contact us box.
- It is possible to insert images (e.g. a poster for your event) by using the 'Insert Image' button at the top of the 'Description' box.
Updating / Correcting Calendar Events
It's fine to add a placeholder event whilst details are finalised so rebels at least save the date (but add that details to be added later in the description) .
Please make sure details are accurate to avoid publishing wrong info.
It is the responsibility of the group/person with calendar access rights to make sure that any changes are updated in the calendar directly.
If an update or correction relates to a UK action/event where the change of info might impact other teams, contact the M&M & email team ASAP:
M&M Mattermost Reception | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org