What to bring with you when Stewarding
Things to check before you arrive for your shift
- Have I installed and checked the communications App on my phone? Telegram or Signal
- Have I installed and opened the What3Words App on my phone?
- Do I know what time and where Stewards are meeting?
What to bring with you
- Comfortable Shoes
- Clothing Layers
- Water bottle
- Food container and utensils
- A-Z Paper map (available cheaply on ebay)
- Notepad & Pencil
- Earplugs (Rhythms can be very loud if you are stewarding near them)
- Power bank for your phone (charging points are hard to find)
- Umbrella (avoid large umbrellas but small foldable ones can be useful for many reasons)
- Your Pink High-Viz if you already have one
- A badge (or stick on labels and Sharpie pen) to write your name on
- A small bag, or better still a small rucksack to hold supplies
Where to store stuff
There is often nowhere secure to store anything during events. If you have small items, it's best to carry them with you. Alternatively, there are several companies that have many sites across London where you can store a bag for 24hrs (for a fee). If there are several of you together, try packing everything into one bag - you only pay once.
We are not afiliated to any of these sites and don't recomend any particular company:
If you know of others, please let us know via email.
Useful if you can print beforehand
Bust Cards - small cards to explain to people what to do if they, or someone they know, gets arrested
- The site map or march route (if published in advance)