Telegram, Signal, WhatsApp join links
The very best thing to do to avoid glitches like the ones described below is to ALWAYS send yourself test emails before sending to a whole email list.
These errors change over time, so testing is your best friend!
Be sure to read your test emails both on a computer AND a phone. Then click on every link in your email to check it's working.
Telegram links in emails
It has been noted that Telegram invite links (ones with + signs in them, not the public ones like Rebellion Broadcast, they are fine) don't work when reading an email on a phone.
Current work-around (which goes against advice about shortlinks!) is to turn the Telegram join link in to an short link, before then hyperlinking it in an email. e.g.
- Rebel Ringers Broadcast : https://t.me/+S2XAo_FGnVZiYTlk
- Short link to use in email : https://xrb.link/z5l9iA
- Short links can be created here
Signal links in emails
Fix for signal join links not working is to add the suffix of ?no_rewrite=true to the end or the URL - which stops the Action Network tracking link and seems to help.
- A signal chat invite link looks like this : https://signal.group/#CjQKI.....xxFRJ
- Adding the suffix : https://signal.group/#CjQKI.....xxFRJ?no_rewrite=true
WhatsApp links in emails
No known issues.